Wednesday, June 3, 2009

19 years tomorrow

Tomorrow is my 19 year anniversary at Dixie Cup. I started June 4, 1990 just three days after graduating from High School. It is hard to believe I have been at my first job for that long. I have worked a few other places when I got laid off from Dixie but when I got recalled I would always go back. Like most jobs it can be a real major pain, but the money is great and for the most part the people I work with are so caring. I had told Phillip over the weekend that I had wanted to go into the military but just didn't because of an ex boyfriend back in high school. I wanted to stay out so I could be close to him. Anyway I told Phillip you know if I would have went into the military I would probably still be serving I would have made it a life. I am just that sort of person. But I am glad I chose the path that I did because I have two wonderful kids. And found a wonderful boyfriend that one day soon I can call my Husband. Anyway time has gone by pretty fast but than again some of the time I worked just dragged by. I am glad that I lucked into such a wonderful job. While others don't or not as fortunate as I have been.

Today I didn't do much other than clean the house. Since the kids are gone I shampooed their carpets and have been cleaning. Right now I am concentrating on Alton's room I went thru his closet and got all the clothes out that he couldn't wear and rewashed them. I plan to take them down Tuesday to the resale shop.

Well I go back to work after being off for 11days. I hope that it doesn't drag by the 1st day at least it is a 3 day week that I am going back on. Hopefully nothing will break down on me to have to fix.

Have a great day...

2 comments:

  1. Woe that is a long time and it's great you'd want to stay there that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 19 years, that is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete